Desi Pak® Bentonite Clay
ADVANTAGES OF NATURAL MINERAL
It has never been easier to protect both your moisture sensitive products and the environment, thanks to Clariant’s line of bentonite clay desiccants. Desi Pak® offers you top of the line protection that’s good for your products, your supply chain, your customers and the environment.
Bentonite clay is a natural alternative to some of the other desiccant options out there. It can be sourced locally, reducing transport-related carbon footprints and environmental impact. Unlike silica gel desiccants that are manufactured synthetically mostly in China and then shipped worldwide, our bentonite clay is sourced from one of Clariant’s 40 bentonite mines, allowing for local distribution.
What’s more, the production and processing of Desi Pak requires no chemical additives or solvents: it is simply extruded, dried and graded. The process requires low energy and water consumption. Clariant is continuously working to reduce the amount of energy consumed even further, currently testing the possibility of sun drying the bentonite clay.
Desi-Pak clay desiccants are sold in unit size bags according to Mil-D-3464E. A unit, which is approximately one ounce of desiccant, is the amount of desiccant which will adsorb at least 3 grams of moisture vapor at 20% relative humidity and at least 6 grams of moisture vapor at 40% relative humidity at 25 degrees Celsius.
Desi Pak Bentonite Clay Desiccant Bags are available in Dupont Tyvek. Standard Bag Sizes Range from 1/6 Unit to 32 Units (5½ Grams to 1,056 Grams). One Unit of Desiccant Is Equal to approx. 33 Grams of Bentonite.
Desi Pak® bentonite clay desiccant benefits:
- Effectively adsorb moisture in product packaging to combat and help prevent moisture’s damaging effects such as corrosion, mold and degradation.
- Production of bentonite desiccants have less impact on the environment: no harsh chemicals used in production, and the re-cultivation and re-naturalizing of mined sites.
- Used for a variety of industries such as semiconductor, electronic, logistics, industrial, food, pharmaceutical, military, machinery, and automobile.
- We offers bentonite desiccants that meet all relevant MIL-Spec requirements for military and defense applications; as well as comply with JEDEC for semiconductor packaging; Single bags as standard according to DIN / AFNOR /MIL
- Available in different configurations: bags, single packets, and continuous strips for automatic insertion.
When you choose Desi Pak desiccants, you can rest easy knowing that both your products and the environment are in good hands.