ELIMINATE CONTAINER RAIN WITH CONTAINER DESICCANTS
Available in bags, poles and strips, these industry-leading products absorb up to three times their weight in moisture and trap it as a thick gel that will not spill or drip.
Preventing “Container Rain”
A unique feature of Container Dri II desiccants also referred to as moisture absorbing bags, or dry bags is dew point control. Dew point is the temperature at which condensation starts to form on surfaces, such as container walls and roofs. By aggressively removing moisture from ambient air, Container Dri II products lower the dew point to prevent “container rain”, “container sweat”, or also known as “cargo sweat”, from damaging goods in transit.
This system is highly effective in preventing the conditions that may cause mildew, warpage, corrosion, caking and other damage to agricultural products, bulk foods, powders, wood products, glass, furniture, automobile parts, leather goods, beans such as cocoa bean, and coffee bean, machinery, and metal components. Container Dri II cargo desiccants can help manufacturers, shippers, distributors and other stakeholders protect brand equity, maintain their reputation for quality and safeguard revenues.
- The Container Dri II line of container desiccants are particularly valuable when: there is a large volume of air requiring moisture removal
- high levels of humidity are present due to climate, cargo or storage conditions
- the container admits exterior air and humidity
Container Dri II has already enjoyed success protecting cocoa bean shipments from moisture damage by providing the highest moisture absorption of any calcium chloride–based product, easily addressing the 65 percent or higher loading of calcium chloride recommended in the Federation of Cocoa Commerce Ltd. (FCC) guidelines for shipment of cocoa beans in containers.
- Safe for direct use with food products
- Recommended by the World Food Programme (WFP) & the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Container Loading Specification
- Dimeythyl Fumarate Free (DMF) – Non-Toxic
- Safe & easy to handle
- Dispose with normal industrial waste
- Best performance in the market
- Meets New FCC Guideline Recommendation for Shipment of Cocoa Beans in Containers
- Clariant EcoTain® distinction
- Variety of applications: canned goods, automotive parts, powders, glass, wood, machinery, furniture, agricultural products such as coffee beans, cocoa beans, and corn meal
- Variety of configurations.0